It’s been strange to be out of the clinical world for this long. Sometimes I find myself striving to remember the name of a disease or drug that would have been second nature to me last year. On the other hand, it’s been great to look at medicine from the outside in – it’s given me a perspective that is hard to achieve when you are mired in the thick of it.
Here are some pieces that I’ve recently published. Any thoughts, suggestions and comments are welcome!
- Flu shot story + podcast/slideshow
- An opinion column on the Affordable Care Act (aka “Obamacare”) and medical students
- Cost containment in dermatology. I got to interview the president of the American Academy of Dermatology!
- Local forum on the Affordable Care Act
- Superheros at the children’s hospital!